Last night Alexis, our trust task-master, rounded Jenni and I up for quite the little adventure. The plan was to go stare at the skyline of Tokyo from the Tokyo observatory near Shinjuku. Since strong moves are sort of my specialty, I generally leave for the weekends rather than embracing all that Tokyo has to offer.. so it was a nice change. Enter Alexis and her plans :)
Jenni and I were supposed to meet at 7 to take the metro to meet Alexis. Jenni and I are not so great at being on time, and as Jenni so eloquently justifies this "when the world's clock revolves around you you are always on time"! Its sort of hilarious whenever we are supposed to meet to take the metro to meet others because it generally consists of planning a time to meet, and then about 10 minutes after the meeting time one person will gchat(because although I have a cellphone I haven't topped up in weeks and don't know how to use it) the other to ensure that we are both late. Accordingly, at about 7:15 we had confirmed that neither of us had left and set off to meet Alexis with a mere 20 minute delay.
As Alexis is used to our inherent disregard for clocks, she had been keeping herself busy by interviewing with a local radio station... giving them her opinions on fruit. If this sounds weird, A- it sort of is, and B- its sort of Alexis... see post from the comedy night ;)
After a delicious dinner at conveyor belt sushi we headed over to the observatory. The observatory has two wings, but only the North Wing was open. We went up the the 43 floor and found a gift shop, an Italian (given japan standards here) restaurant, and an amazing view of the city.
I sort of thought this was going to be one of those "culture" things that Alexis likes and I don't really get but it was super super cool and beautiful. After we checked out the view we had yummy dessert and a bottle of wine in the restaurant overlooking the city.
Choclate cake, red wine and the girls... Awesome night!
View of The Skyline:
I may stop following your blog. Your lack of updates is crazy. :)
ReplyDelete